I had a great time sitting down with David Baer’s podcast, More Perfect Marketing, to talk about my personal entrepreneurial journey and how I went from owning a paddleboard shop to running a full-scale digital marketing agency for general contractors. We all start somewhere, and it’s usually different from where we end up!
I’m a huge fan of David’s podcast because he dives deep into the backstories and motivates small business owners with his incredible community, books, courses, and research on high-impact digital marketing and scaling the smart way. If you haven’t checked him out yet, I suggest diving into his website at baeronmarketing.com to learn more.
In this podcast, David and I discuss so many nuances of my journey and lessons in business, including:
– Starting my first business venture with my brothers based on a passion for wakeboarding (and failing)
– Launching two paddleboard shops that catapulted me into the publishing world
– Scaling our business through a sustainable, niched social media community
– Hiring friends and adding value to your business by being a giver, first and foremost
– Getting familiar with local marketing and supporting service-based businesses
– Learning by trial and error when it comes to partnerships and a bigger vision
– Understanding search engine optimization, the rule of reciprocity, and doubling down on what matters most to your community
And so much more.
Don’t miss this one, especially if you’re in the home services industry! Listen to the full podcast below:
Turn your website into your best lead generation tool with custom design, build-out, and maintenance.
Search Engine Optimization
Put your business at the top of the search rankings with intuitive search engine optimization.
Paid Ad Management
Leverage data-driven paid search and advertising to get the most for your ad spend.
Pivot your social strategy to grow your community and capitalize on your content marketing.