View all job openings
Business Development Representative
Lokal Media House is seeking a Marketing Business Development Representative to drive significant revenue growth. This role will be responsible for locating potential clients, creating and nurturing connections, and maximizing revenue by closing new business opportunities. This team member will identify prospects, develop relationships, build a sales pipeline and establish a wide network of business contacts that represent potential new business opportunities. This position will sell to a broad range of industries and business types.
Ideal candidates for this position will be highly motivated, self starter, business-oriented individuals who are dynamic, articulate and well-spoken. Developing and maintaining relationships is imperative in this position. You will be interfacing with senior executives of potential clients and acting as the face of our company.
Essential functions for this position include:
- Generate new prospects and initiate the sales cycle to support company growth targets
- Strategically attend mixers, luncheons and other business events to continually refresh lists of new business prospects
- Utilize effective research and prospecting methods to identify qualified companies and sales opportunities that align with a specific product mix
- Conduct outreach to qualified prospects, including outbound calls, maintaining a high close rate for setting in-person meetings
- Follow up on leads, and accurately input data into a company CRM system.
- Effectively close sales to establish new agency relationships.
- Manage a sales pipeline, providing reporting on leads and opportunity status as requested.
- 2+ years experience in a business-to-business sales environment
- Experience selling professional services, strategy, advertising or media
- Working knowledge of MS Office, GMail, Excel or Sheets, and basic CRM knowledge
- Exceptional phone, written and customer service skills.
- Disciplined personal organization and excellent time management skills.
- College degree or experience in media, marketing, communication, business administration or related field.
- 3+ years experience selling professional services, strategy, advertising or media with a proven track record
- Deep understanding of marketing concepts and agency products and services
- Knowledge of the DFW community and a network of established business contacts
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- 2 Weeks Paid Time Off
- 90 Day Benefits Waiting Period
- Only full-time employees eligible